At ArtClothesGallery, we believe that art
- inspires both the creator and collector
- stimulates the intellect and emotions
- prices discourage the purchase of original art in gallery formats
We create clothes that
- present original art from a variety of artists, never duplicating a piece
- are affordable
- utilize glorious colors and fabrics
- are fun to wear
- make the collector/wearer feel special
- can be worn on daily and special occasions
We hope that the joy of ArtClothesGallery is felt in our viewers + wearers!
Sarah SERMARR Nolan, the founder of ArtClothesGallery, is a New York-based multimedia artist.
What started as a fun side-project in the studio - painting on jeans and t-shirt for friends - naturally progressed into constructing one-of-a-kind ArtClothes: the "canvas" was enlarged and became the wider panels of coats, allowing for more elaborate compositions to be painted + the beautiful, often imported fabrics provided new and glorious backdrops for a greater variety of colors of paint to be used.
Though ArtClothesGallery continues to be an adjunct to a broader studio practice for Sarah SERMARR Nolan, ArtClothesGallery continues to excitingly develop and grow: guest artists now contribute their original compositions to ArtClothesGallery.